Welcome to SuSu.NYC collection!
My name is SuZen, and I’m a native NYC artist, born in Manhattan, raised in Brooklyn and now living in Greenwich Village. Wearing many hats (most of them red) – I am a professional award-winning fine-arts photographer, a graphic designer as well as a multi-media artist and fashion designer.
Bringing together my love of art and design with my passion for fashion and felines, SuSu.NYC has been born. Inspired by my feline friends, who have taught me about love, life, and play as portrayed in my book, "The Love Story of Sushi and Sashimi: A Cat Tale." After the publication, I began transforming my photography into wearable art.
Over the last 50 years, I have been inspired by my travels and have exhibited my photography in museums & galleries internationally. My work has evolved from traditional B&W photography to a 40' x 25' painted mural in the heart of Times Square on 42 St in NYC (funded by New York Council on the Arts) to multimedia installations and performance art in public spaces.
• 40’ x 25’ painted mural on 42nd Street, Times Square funded by NewYork State Council on the Arts.
• Exhibits photography in museums and galleries internationally.
• In 2016 exhibited 50 year retrospective in NYC
• Capra Press published the book, “The Love Story of Sushi and Sashimi: A Cat Tale”.
• Designed and patented the CatWrap® - the bodysuit with a secret
• Designed and trademarked the JacCAT – the Jacket for the Sophisticated CatLover.
• Received a MFA in Digital Imaging from Lehman College.
• Taught design and photography at Pratt Institute, Lehman College, Hunter College and Art Institute of NYC.
• Received National Endowment for the Arts, Inter-Arts grant, for a four women collaboration installation/performance, “Between Space,” at JFK Airport, NYC.